HABSR is proud to introduce our latest project of
This project aims to encourage and bring about awareness of reading by exploring and developing talents in children through storytelling, art, drama, poetry, music and dance.
We are running a library were we can make story books and educational toys available to the HABSR's ECD centers and Safe Parks.
We would like to invite experts to share their knowledge in the ECD Centres and Safe Parks.
The library will visit projects and present different methods of making reading fun through drama, poetry, art, dance, storytelling and music. As well as doing readings and storytelling sessions with the children.
Please click on the headings below to open more details
Encourage the love of reading in order to bring awareness of opportunities by exploring different kinds of expertise and improve life skills by:
- Life style
- Career guidance
- Decision making
- Peer pressure
- Caring for others
- Safety issues
- Engage with Safe Parks and ECD projects
- Book dates with projects and set themes for the week
- Check that each project has sufficient tools for the activities.
- Inform project that they need to send out letters to inform parents of the activity taking place to encourage their participation.
- Making sure "Active Readers" or HARSR has the equipment for the activities
- Liaise with the project managers on the dates of bookings
- We will create a catalogue of all books registered in the library
- ECD projects will be sent 30 books
- Safe Parks projects will be sent 30 books for ages from 6 - 12
- Safe Parks projects will be sent 30 books for ages 13 & upward
- Out of the 30 books at least 15 need to be read before the 3 week time period
Book Register Download
Click here to download the Active Readers book register and terms and conditions.