The Diocese of the Highveld covers the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality (formally East Rand) of Gauteng province and the Eastern Highveld region of Mpumalanga Province extending from Tembisa, Edenvale, and Germiston on its western border to the Swaziland border in the East – a distance of about 400km. The diocese also extends to the Kwa-Zulu Natal border in the south-east. Within the geographical boundaries of the diocese live an estimated three and a half million people.
Programmes and ministries under HABSR’S care include:
- 29 Home based care projects based in the Mpumalanga area.
- 13 Home based care projects based in Ekurhuleni Gauteng.
- 4 ECD centres based in Ekurhuleni
- 3 ECD centres based in Mpumalanga
- 2 Homes for orphans and vulnerable children based in (Springs) Ekurhuleni
- 6 Safe parks for vulnerable children affected and infected by HIV/AIDS in Ekurhuleni and Mpumalanga.
- 5 Feeding schemes in Ekurhuleni for those affected and infected by HIV/AID’S.
- 2 Support groups for the HIV/AID’s affected and effected.
- Orphans and vulnerable children programme in Ekurhuleni and Mpumalanga